Fundraising at Stringer
The Dorothy Stringer School Fund is a registered charity – 1071616
The Dorothy Stringer School Fund exists to raise money to enrich the experiences of every student who comes to the school. We are proud of the huge range of extra-curricular activities that we offer and it is largely thanks to the enormous amount of support and time our staff give without charge to deliver these activities. But there are costs to all for which we receive no contribution from our statutory funding. We can only continue to deliver this enriched experience with your support.
All money donated to the Dorothy Stringer School fund will be used to support Dorothy Stringer students beyond their classroom learning.
The fund has supported:
- School visits and trips
- After-school activities – for example providing individual specialist equipment
- Speakers and inspirational visitors
- Opportunities for students to gain new skills and confidence
- Building on school facilities.
If you would like to support the school you can make regular donations or a one-off payment. You can download our Gift Aid Form here and return it to the Finance Manager, Sarah Norris at the school. Alternatively, you can donate to The Dorothy Stringer School Fund via our PayPal button below.
Other fundraising initiatives
Help us to collect donations for the school whenever you shop online through Easyfundraising. The Dorothy Stringer School Fund, our registered charity, will receive a donation from the retailers to support opportunities for students that fall outside the school budget.
This year as a school our ongoing campaign with EasyFundraising is focussed on raising money for a replacement school minibus.
Please sign up by following the link below:
Recent donations and sponsors
The school has received generous support from the following:
- Amazon UK has provided a grant of £5,000 for the purchase of STEM related resources.
- Love Local Jobs Foundation has provided an inspirational mentoring programme on themes of self-awareness, identity, mindset, gratitude, resilience, teamwork and employability.
- Donatello restaurant sponsors the Dorothy Stringer School PE Department
Over the years Donatello have invested sponsorship in the school’s football, rugby, netball and basketball provision by investing in equipment to help the development of these sports.
- Quiz night raffle prizes kindly donated by: Unbarred Brewery; The Forge; The Grand Brighton; Hatchet Harry’s; The Treatment Rooms; Ginger Lily florists; Kemptown Bookshop; Butler’s Wine Cellar; Terre a Terre; Rhythm & Bikes; The Gingerman; Kemptown Open Bakery; Lost + Found Taproom; Barfield’s Butchers; He2 Balloons; Helen O’Grady Drama Academy